Friday, August 26, 2011

One Week Down...

Today marks one week since I picked up my first kettlebell and said, "To Mordor with flab!"  That day I puked.  And worked out pretty hard.  But mostly I remember the puking. 

I worked out 5 of the last 7 days.  I've scaled back posting all of those workouts, and I'll probably do a weekly recap of my training endeavors.  Here's the first of such recaps...

Friday: Helen, 2 rounds at 11:22.  And the puke.

Saturday: Crying like a little girl.

Sunday: Sally, but I forgot to time it.

Monday:  Bradley, 6 rounds at 20:24.  I was proud until I realized I did girl pull ups and one of the regulars finished 10 rounds in the same time as me.  ::Sigh::

Tuesday: At Brian's urging, I was to run one mile, rest four minutes, and run another mile.  Caveat: the second mile had to be within one minute's time of the first.  WHAT?!  Well, I went for it.  I found a route from my house that was a mile.  On the way up, I wanted to quit.  Running.  Training.  My job.  Everything.  I.  HATE.  RUNNING.*  But I made my first mile in under nine minutes.  The rest was the sweetest feeling.  Like holding my newly born daughters in the hospital.  Or eating carbs.  It was glorious.  Then, it was quickly over.  I pressed on as quickly as possible, pushing to stick to nine minutes.  I got home, and checked my stopwatch.  NO.  WAY!  My second lap was a full minute faster than the first.  Proof:

Wednesday: No name.  Find your max back squat weight and knock out three reps.  I killed 175.  Not bad.  Then 40 double unders (or 80 regular rope jumps), 25 box jumps, 15 kb swings.  This was the first Crossfit workout I finished!  5 rounds in 14:01.  And I kept my lunch down!  Look out, zombies...

Thursday: Again with the little girl crying.  I was supposed to run 10 x 100m sprints, but I took the day off.

Today is Friday again, and I plan to do my workout from yesterday before I hit up a free class at Crossfit Legacy tomorrow. 

Lindsey and I have been on a kick to repurpose lots of things in the house, instead of just tossing them out.  So, I decided to do that with one of the memories from one of my slow carb binge eating days.  We went to the county fair a few weeks ago, on a cheat eating day, and I ate nearly an entire Bucket o' Fries.  I felt like junk after that.  So, that bucket is being repurposed.  I had some concrete mix leftover from installing the mailbox.  That mix has found its way into my bucket. 

It is now my Lil' Bucket o' Pain.  This little beauty is only five pounds or so, but it's now a reminder of what'll stop my goal (not fitness, ultimately, but bringing my baby home).  The fries were a waste of money, calories, and did nothing to further my adoption quest.  My thought now is to grab this girl whenever I want to eat bad, and just carry her around and do some running, lunges, and squats.  Maybe I'll reinforce the handle and use her as a kettle bell.  And maybe I'll make a bigger one soon!

That's all for now.

P.S. I now have seven personal sponsors for the run!  A coworker, a neighbor, and five friends.  Thank you all so much in advance for your support! 

*"And I hate.  I HATE.  I HAAAATE PETER PAN!"
                                              -Captain Hook

No comments:

Post a Comment