Monday, August 22, 2011

Solo Workout

Friday, Crossfit Legacy (CFL) kicked my butt with an inaugural Helen workout.  That night, I slept like a baby.

Saturday, I walked around like a geriatric man, having to muster courage to sit and stand (due to the quad and hamstring pain).  Also, I had the arms of a T-Rex.  If you've ever worked out super hard after a period of lethargy, you know what I'm talking about.  You can't stretch them out fully because it hurts, so they stay at a comfy 90-degree angle, up near your chest.

Sunday, I knew I had to workout.  Brian from CFL hadn't yet sent me a workout to do on my own, so I took it upon myself to come up with something.  I call her Sally.

We live on a cul de sac, and from our end of the street to the other is a solid 500 meters.  My new 'Sally' workout involved running up and down that stretch twice each (4 x 500m).  At intervals I planned to do 100 pushups, 100 sit ups, and 50 squats.

The weather was a cool 70 degrees, and I was feeling good.  I ran down, cranked out 25 pushups and 25 sit ups, just like I planned.  Coming back, I was only able to knock out 15 pushups.  Uh oh.  Then the sweet rains came, and I felt renewed vigor.  I crushed the sit ups and squats.

Down again, pushups to failure, not quite enough.  One image kept me going.  A zombie at my back; a starving child before me.  I picked up the pace.  My next sit ups were cake.  Back again, and I could only hit 75 pushups, 75 sit ups, and 35 squats.  Bummer.

I checked my phone and saw an email from Brian.  He said I should just run 4 x 400m today.  Ha!  I laugh in your workout's general direction!  I wrote him back and he was pleased.  He told me to time it next time to measure improvement.  Copy that!

Lindsey made Chex Mix AND tossed a bunch of it in a choco-peanut butter concoction and dusted it with powdered sugar.  So, diet's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment